Family Unification Program
The Family Unification program is designed to help low income families retain their housing or housing assistance. It provides coaching, mentoring, education, facilitation, negotiation, and other services to help keep families together. It serves families who are in jeopardy of eviction, children who are at risk of out of home placement, and works to reunify children with their families
A Resource for Housing Choice Voucher Program Landlords and Tenants
Being a Landlord can sometimes leave you feeling out of control!
The Housing Advocate provides supportive assistance to Housing Choice Voucher program participants by coaching, mentoring, and/or educating those client households who require additional attention.
The Housing Advocate may be of assistance by:
- Advising Landlords about the Housing Authority Housing Choice Voucher program
- Aiding Landlords and tenants in understanding leases
- Helping tenants to be successful in keeping their housing
- Providing resource information about leases, evictions, community services and compliance with Fair Housing regulations (including complying with ADA regulations).
The Housing Advocate can assist you in working with the Grand Junction Housing Authority Housing Assistance clients and staff.
Please Note: the Housing Advocate does not provide any legal advice for tenants or landlords.
How can you as a landlord benefit by the Grand Junction Housing Authority having a Housing Advocate?
- One-on-one assistance beyond the normal Housing Choice Voucher staff involvement
- Mediation available for you and your tenants
- Savings of time and money in dealing with tenant problems
- Low vacancy rates on your rental units