Currently Hiring For 3 Positions (Job Openings are posted below Job Application Process):
To apply for a posted position, submit a complete application packet by the posted deadline. An application packet includes:
- A completed GJHA Employment Application - Filling in blanks with "see resume" is unacceptable.
Link to fillable PDF Application is in the left column & directly above this section. Application must be signed. If you wish to digitally sign the application, you will need to download it and use Adobe Reader instead of filling it out in your web browser. Otherwise fill out in browser, print, sign by hand and then re-scan.
- A resume
- A cover letter
Application packets can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off in person at 8 Foresight Circe. Applications and attachments returned in person to the Housing Authority must be in a sealed envelope. To be considered for employment with GJHA, you must submit an application packet which includes a completed GJHA employment application, resume, and cover letter. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS (As of 9.25.23)
The Grand Junction Housing Authority (GJHA) is looking for a vigilant, strategic, and servant leader to join our team as our Development Director.
This position works closely with the GJHA Executive Team and is responsible for real estate development and financing functions including development of low- and moderate-income housing through acquisition and rehabilitation or new construction, including site identification, project conceptualization, feasibility analysis, funding, design and development approvals and construction supervision and close-out. This position supports the Asset Manager in matters relating to capital improvements and facilities operations. As a member of the Leadership Team, this position works proactively with agency leadership to meet GJHA goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate can do the following:
- Assess the affordable housing needs of the Grand Junction community, keep current on new residential developments, demolitions, potential displacements, trends and indicators of housing need. Periodically contract for a market analysis to identify the specific needs for affordable housing products among low- and moderate-income households.
- Conceptualize affordable housing developments and / or programs to meet identified needs and make presentations of these concepts to GJHA Board of Commissioners, Colorado and Finance Authority (CHFA), colleagues, potential funding sources, community leaders, neighborhood groups and the general public.
- Collaborates with Controller / CFO to analyze the financial feasibility of new projects, establish the debt carrying capacity, identify gap financing and develop complete cost projections for new projects.
- Treat people with respect and work with integrity and professional ethics, upholding the agency's values and mission. Represents the agency in a positive, professional, and ethical manner always.
- Adapt well to change in the work environment. Works with frequent interruptions and responds calmly and professionally to emergency situations. Demonstrates the ability to provide quality services to a culturally diverse population. Professional always.
The salary range for this exempt level position is $73,400 to $110,000 and the position would be eligible for discretionary, performance-based bonuses. The position is benefit eligible with a benefit menu that includes health, dental, vision, basic life insurance, 401a retirement plan, paid time off accruals, and holiday pay. The weekly schedule is typically 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, with the possibility of occasional overtime, depending on current and potential developments and projects. This position requires full time work in-person, on site. EOE
Deadline for application packet submittal: Extended to Friday, October 6, 2023, at 5:00PM
(Application Submittal Process is listed at the top of this page)
Maintenance Technician - Focuses in Building Maintenance (2)
The Grand Junction Housing Authority (GJHA) is looking for a quality individual to join our team as a Maintenance Technician working primarily in building maintenance.
As a Maintenance Technician at GJHA, you will put your best troubleshooting skills to work at an organization that takes pride in fostering a community in which families and individuals have an inviting and safe place to call home. If you pride yourself on a job well done and are a natural problem solver, then this is the job for you!
Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible for quality and timely general apartment maintenance and repair to ensure apartment homes and other property facilities are in good working order. Responsibilities include preparing apartments for move-in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units; electrical appliances, outlets, and light fixtures; plumbing, carpentry, and locks. Most building maintenance is completed in occupied or unoccupied apartment units. Other responsibilities include grounds work to include mowing, pruning, fence repairs, weed removal, leaf removal, irrigation repairs, cleaning areas around dumpsters, and removing snow. Currently, we are looking for someone to fill a role that will work primarily in building maintenance, but possibly be asked to complete some grounds maintenance at times of organization necessity.
The ideal candidate has the ability to do the following:
- Must treat people with respect and work with integrity and professional ethics, upholding the agency’s values and mission. Represents the agency in a positive, professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Monitor and manage assigned work orders through an electronic work order system. Performs electronic recordkeeping related to labor hours and materials used. Monitor and utilize electronic communications such as email, text messages, electronic team meetings through different software platforms and respond accordingly.
The pay range for this non-exempt position is $18.41/hour - $25.82/ hour and would be eligible for discretionary, performance-based bonuses. The position is benefit eligible with a benefit menu that includes health, dental, vision, basic life insurance, paid time off accruals, and holiday pay. Outside of scheduled on-call hours, the weekly schedule is typically 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, with the possibility of occasional overtime. This position must be available to work on-call and respond to 24-hour call outs as assigned. This position requires full time work in-person, on site. EOE
Deadline for application packet submittal: Accepting application packets until the position is filled.
(Application Submittal Process is listed at the top of this page)
Grand Junction Housing Authority (Employer) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability or veteran status. It is our intent that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decision be based on job-related factors.